Monday, January 24, 2011

Found it!



I thought it was gone forever!! I thought I had lost it and it had waved bye bye to me while wearing a tiny red polka-dot bag hanging on a stick. My creativity that is....but I was pleased to see it reappear for a short time tonight. :)

I signed up for E-Mealz last week and while I feel relieved that the last thing I have to worry about in our hectic lives is dinner and my ever shrinking pocket book, I feel less and less creative. At this time, I don't have time to be creative though. With the helping of Jason's new company, Real Estate school, Brayden, and being a wife, I just don't have time! Really you should see my house!! So this new menu plan is saving me time, brain power, and dollars, which I love.

Tonight I looked at Jason and said, "what are we having for dinner?", since our new menu plan won't come out until tomorrow. He looked at me with nothing...no ideas...no want to cook...so I knew it was either eat out or I had to get creative. I poured myself a glass of wine and pulled out what I had. Thin, boneless pork chops, chopped tomatoes, grilled and marinated artichokes, and my...gasp! White wine! Wonderful...something was about to happen.


Here is how to make it:

4-5 thin, boneless pork chops
Grilled, marinated artichokes (rough chopped), drained
1/2 can of chopped fire roasted tomatoes with garlic, drained
1/4 cup white wine
few tabs of butter
Salt & Pepper
Parsley for garnish
Parmesan cheese

Get a nice large Saute pan and turn it to medium high. While the pan heats up pat dry your chops and season with salt and pepper. Put a tab of butter (tab...did I make that up?) and coat the pan. Carefully put 2-3 chops depending on the size of your pan and brown on  both sides. Be careful not to overcrowd because that can change the temprature of the pan and not allow your chops to get nice and brown. Also, it's ok if they don't cook all the way through at first...set aside and proceed with next batch until you are finished. Add another tab of butter to pan and then pour in wine (often called deglazing the pan). Add chopped artichokes and tomatoes and stir. Then, nestle your little pork chops into the mixture and allow the flavor to mingle. When internal temprature of the meat reaches 160 degrees, about 5-7 minutes, place the meat on a platter and spoon sauce over the pork chops. Done!

Serve and Enjoy!!

Cecilia

3 comments:

  1. This looks SO good! I can't wait to try it some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was so good and so easy and fast!!
    UC- for you, Of course!!!

    ReplyDelete