Thursday, March 4, 2010

Something More

What a great week so far! I feel like I have no idea where it's gone...Where are you week? I feel so very bittersweet about the weeks, months, and years flying by like this. On one hand, we get the weekend/family time here fast and on the other hand it means the faster Brayden grows and the older I get. Don't get me wrong, I love watching Brayden grow but for goodness sake boy, SLOW DOWN! I just know he is going to be walking any day now and then it's over for me. I will never sit down or for that matter see my baby be a baby ever again. I fear the day that he no longer needs me and that day is inevitably approaching.

On the business front, the time passing means more experience and jobs. I am so excited about the things to come. The possibilities are endless! On that note, that brings me to the headline of my post. The Sugarland song,
"Something More",  has really stuck with me. These are the lines that spoke to me:

I could work my life away, but why?

I got things to do before die

some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate

I believe that happiness is something we create

You best believe that I'm not gonna wait

'Cause there's gotta be something more

What it said to me was that I have to take my life in my hands and do with it what I can. I have recently had the chance to expand my "business' and possibly take on more clients than just the one who can't fire me. Now, this just scares the pants off me. Why would I want to take a chance and fail? Why would I possibly think I can do this after only being in the business for 2 months. Jason and I had a talk the other night and we had to talk about taking this business to the next level. We had to ask ourselves important questions like, "is this what we want?", "what could we do with this?", and more importantly, "is this what I want?". I had to really think. This would be huge, lots of work, and dedication. All I do know is I like to cook and I know that this is all I really want to do. Luckily Jason loves business. So I can stick to what I do best.

I guess this means we will be jumping in this fire and becoming a full fledged baby business and heck, what's the worst that can happen?  Fail? Yes, it's very possible. Would I hate myself if I didn't take the chance? Absolutley.




Anyways back to the fun stuff, I made some great looking trays for a client meeting this week. They came out wonderful and I am so proud. Take a look.






These were some good last minute wraps that I threw in as a taste test. I thout they were so good so I needed feedback. I really loved doing these party trays and I would love to try out more. I thought they were 1,000 times better than the last ones.

We had some great dinners this week and if I ever own a restaraunt one day I fully plan on adding the quesadillas I made last night. Monday I made Herbed Chicken with Orzo. This was definitely not one of my faves. Too much parsley equals HOT MESS. Literally. Who knew parsley could create some heat? I always thought it was some garnish herb, WRONG. Do not underestimate parsley. It comes packin'. Tuesday was Salmon Florentine with Rice, Walnut Pilaf. So good. The recipe came from a really good cookbook I have called So Easy by Ellie Kreiger. She is a chef on Food Network but is also a nutritionist and mother of 4. There are a ton of easy, fast, full of flavor and lower fat recipes. I modified this recipe a little and it came out so yummy.


That pale looking poridge thing is mashed red potatoes. Not attractive but pretty tasty.

 Wednesday, I was this close to going to Chic-Fil-A and pulling out my hair when Jason and I could not figure out what to eat. I offered to make spinach and mushroom quesadillas but the carnivore also known as my husband  shouted, "WHAT ABOUT THE MEAT? NO MEAT? NOOOOOOOOOOO!" Oh for heavens sake. I had thankfully defrosted some chicken (I heavily advocate buying in bulk and using Ziplock freezer bags with the little pump thing) the night before so I went to work. I had spinach, cremini mushrooms, a red pepper, left over corn, scallions, sun-dried tomato tortillas, and swiss cheese. I know it sounds wierd but the jack cheese went bad and I had to use what I had. For a hodge-podge of a meal it was freakin' g-o-o-d! I also added a little chipolte spice and it added a little kick. I'm tellin you, on the menu at my future restaraunt.





 
Thank you so much for the support I have been getting lately, you have no idea what it means to me. To be following a dream while having the support of peers and loved ones makes it that much more meaningful.

I look forward to updating you on what I am going to try and concoct this weekend after my Greenling box gets here tomorrow. I have organic ribeyes, quinoa, fingerling potatoes, challah bread, and a Greenling Farmstead box on the way. I'm excited! :) 

Till next time,

Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment