Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Vegetable Lasagna



Trying to eat better....Maybe try this! I made this for a lunch a few weeks ago and it was a hit. Jason told me that the clients were a little hesitant but after they tasted it they were pleasantly surprised that it was so good. Usually people think vegetable....no flavor. I saw a recipe for a Veggie Lasagna in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook but it called for a lot of previously frozen vegetables. I thought we could do better than that so I improvised! I decided to use fresh ingredients and sauté them for some much needed flavor.




Here is my recipe:



10-12 whole-wheat lasagna noodles (3/4 cooked)

2 eggs, beaten

2 cups low fat cottage cheese

1 15 oz container of Ricotta cheese- I used part-skim

2 1/2 cups fresh sliced Cremini mushrooms

1 large yellow onion, diced

4 cloves garlic, minced

6-7 oz of baby spinach

2 large heads of broccoli

1 cup shredded carrot

1 cup parmesan

1 8-oz package of mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup Panko breading

2 TBS of parsley



What I did was coat a large stockpot with olive oil and let it get nice and hot. I added the onion and let it sweat for about 5 minutes and then started to sauté all the veggies. I added S&P to taste and let it all cook together. Meanwhile, I combined all the cheeses (except the mozzarella), the egg, Panko, parsley, and S&P. After all the veggies were all soft and delicious I layered the noodles, veggies, and cheese. Top all layers with the mozzarella. I let it cook in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes until nice and golden brown and bubbly. Super delicious!



If you have any question let me know!



Have a wonderful week,



Cecilia









2 comments:

  1. Sounds good I will have to try it lady!! Yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boys and their meat! wait...thats sounds funny. haha...Happy Easter! <3

    ReplyDelete