Sunday, February 7, 2010

Big day....

Well, today is another big day in the venture sense. I am cooking for 25 people at my husbands boss' superbowl party. This is big because not only is this his boss but there are possible clients there. There will be rep for other companies there who do lunches and will need food. Hopefully they will like the food and want to use me. We did the research last night and I don't charge half as much as any other catering company. I consider that a leg up....if they like it.

I stayed up pretty late last night doing all the prep for today and crammed every available space in my kitchen with prep, food, and supplies. Ugh....I long for a better kitchen. BUT I am happy to have any kitchen. Anyways, I was up late and cut and chopped and I have realized that I am starting to really dislike cutting onions. I also made my ganache tarts and they took up my whole fridge. I made 60!  60 tarts! It was fun though and I have a really hard time sticking to a recipe so I just winged (SP?) it. I think they turned out good because I had 2 and Jason had 1. I am going to get so fat surrounded by all this yummy food all the time.

So, I am sitting in bed waiting for my coffee to brew so I can get ready for the mayhem that will be happening in my kitchen. I pray for patience and success. Wish me luck and I will post some pictures and update you on the party.

All my love and gratitude for my blessings,

Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment