Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bunches of Lunches

Tomorrow I have my second lunch of the week and I still have one more to go! This is wonderful news.

Friday night we had friends over for a tasting party and Valentine's day. I made Orecchiette with mini chicken meatballs. I give all the credit to Giada but it was a hit. I also made basil butter and a caprese salad. Needless to say there was nothing left. I am patting myself on the back as we speak or you read. Here is the final product....




Traditionally my husband and I make dinner for each other for Valentine's Day and this one was no different. We stayed home, did our taxes, and made homemade pizzas. It was straight out of a romance novel. I had just bought whole wheat flour and there was a recipe for pizza dough on it so I had a hankerin' for some PIZZA. "I must make dough!", I said and I did. I am not very good at this dough thing so there must be some practice in my days to come. I challenged Jason to make a better dough than me and this man has never been one to turn down a good challenge. There we were in our kitchen, baby rumedging through the tupperware, and my husband and I wrist deep in flour and yeast. The smell was heavenly. I come from a long line of carbaholics and a good fresh baked bread can make me do things I regret. After, we let our dough rest we set to make the best pizza we could possibly make. I topped mine with Buffalo mozzarella, basil, garlic, and tomatoes. I drizzled olive oil over the top and it looked like perfection. Jason was very manly and topped his with every meat and cheese we had in the house.

Who do you think won by looks??





Mine, nope, not so much. His, yes, and it tasted as good as it looked. I think I need to add the cheese later to melt it and the basil after it is out of the oven. Jason won. And wait....I'm supposed to be the cook of this family! Ha ha! Oh well, with great failure comes great success.

So for lunch tomorrow, If it ain't broke don't fix it. Mini meatballs it is! Friday is snacks, roasted red pepper hummus and bruschetta. YUM!

Please follow my blog if you like it. I need all the love and support I can get.

Thank you from deep in my heart,

Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment