Thursday, February 11, 2010

Test Kitchen

I wish I had this gigantic test kitchen! Ha! Well, I do have a mini test kitchen and this week I have been putting out some pretty good dishes. So far, I have made some meaty melties (courtesy of Racheal Ray), Lemon Bars, Salmon fillets with spinach and a balsamic vinaigrette, and tonight I am making home-made pea and ricotta tortellini. All of this is a lot easier than it sounds. I have to say my favorite is the salmon, it was perfect. The salmon was moist, the spinach wasn't too wilted so it still had a lot of flavor and the yellow bell pepper and balsamic vinaigrette added just the right sweetness.  Here is a picture of the finished product....

I had a little trouble with the lemon bars at first but after I let them set they were so good. I also don't like my food to me to overbearing with citrus fruits so I left out the lemon zest. I felt they were lemony but not too overpowering. I need to throw them away because I can't stop eating them!

I have a lunch scheduled Monday and Friday of next week and I am trying to get a menu together. I am thinking of making a version of the meatball sandwich using chicken for the health conscience and maybe a green salad with a lemon vinaigrette. Any ideas? I also need a good party dessert, something I can make in large quantities that is easy to pass out.

Till next time,

Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment